· Sin being the saddest word in the Bible, forgive is the beautiful word in the Bible.
· It is one of the core word of our faith ( Mk. 2:7-19)
1. Hebrew word for forgive in ps. 78:38 is KOPHAR meaning “to cover” . In Genesis we see God cover the nakedness of Adam and Sin; God covered the Ark with pitch.
2. Hebrew word for forgive in Ps. 25:18 is NASA meaning “to lift up or away”. This word is used in Leviticus 14 and 2 Kings 5:11
3. Greek word for forgive in Luke 7:43 is CHARIZOMAI meaning “to cancel a debt”.
4. Hebrew word for forgive in Ps. 103:3 is SALACH meaning “to send away”, used in Leviticus 16 – scapegoat sent away into the wilderness.
Having clarified the meaning of forgiveness, we should continually thank God for such comprehensive provision.
Ø He covers our sins with His blood.
Ø He removes the outgrowth of sin
Ø He cancels the debt of sin in us
Ø He sends the sins away into the wilderness never to return.